Random Rantings

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Personal Question to the Blogosphere...

Okay - for those of you asking for baby news... here's the bombshell of the year, I think I might be pregnant!

First - I don't want to get my hopes too far up... my first Gyn told me with my PCOS I was going to have lots of trouble getting pregnant... my current Gyn's opinion is that it should'nt be too hard - try for a few months first, and if it's not happening, we'll put you on some meds and that should take care of it... she's really of the opinion this is no big deal.... while my last Gyn basically gave me this "be finished with having children by the time you're 30 or else" mentality... So - basically, I'm still not sure who to believe... I doubt my original "doom and gloom" diagnosis is correct, but at the same time can it really be that easy?

So - we've been trying without meds for a little bit....

I need opinions from women who have been there... since the online resources for "extremely early pregnancy symptoms" are really a mixed bag...



So - all the sites say that the "first symptom you are likely to experience is a missed period".... sorry, but my monthly is not imminent, and I'm currently feeling like something different is going on... All of the sites seem to indicate that symptoms are not to be felt except for after you miss your period.... and some sites tell you that if you are experiencing early symptoms that it could all be in your head because you _want_ to be pregnant (or seriously _don't want_ to be). Not very helpful... thanks...

So - currently I could possibly be about 10 days pregnant... and I have been experiencing the following:

Day 4 & 5 - could not finish what for me would be a normal sized lunch... got disgusted with what I was eating half way through, and could not continue eating...

Also on Day 4 & 5 - experienced a random hour of nausea, which was made better by drinking peppermint tea...

Since day 4 - been disgusted with strong odors, which my husband finds amusing, since I suddenly do not like the smell of tuna fish - which is usually one of my favorite foods...

Since day 4 - feeling PMS-ish, bloated, and mild cramping (though my period is not due till after new year's)... usually my period-related cramps go from mild to severe really quickly, and have me reaching for my prescription pain meds... this time, they stayed non-painful... just achy for days.... went for 4 days straight and now they come and go randomly...

Since Day 6 - feeling like my lower abdominal muscles are doing exercises without me... happens on and off... less for the last 2 days....

Any opinions out there?

I can't bug my doctor about it, since she said you can't _really_ tell without an at-home pregnancy test first, and you can't take that until after you've already missed your period... so I'm anxiously waiting for week 2 of January next year so that I can see if the at-home test comes back positive, so then I can schedule an office visit with my doctor...

Has anyone "been there done that"??

Thanks!

-Emily

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

With my second, I knew before I took the pregnancy test because I was constantly hungry. And my best friend told me I was pregnant. LOL!

Take a pregnancy test anyways. Soem of these tests can tell very early these days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

11:55 AM, December 28, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just now catching up with your blog since holiday travels ... sorry if this comment is too late to be useful.

When I was pregnant, I had definite symptoms at least a week or ten days before my period was late. I started feeling wierd, woozy. Hard to describe. Then I started taking completely unexpected naps in the strangest of places. Then I started getting hit with intense and sudden hunger, to the point that I could barely restrain myself from snatching food off of other people's plates.

I'm pretty sure I felt implantation, although there was no spotting. For a day or two, there was a strange intermittent pressure in my very low abdomen, as if someone were gently pressing an invisible pinky finger against my bladder.

All of these things could of course have been psychosomatic, or they all could have been real but caused by other things. So it is true that the only convincing evidence of early pregnancy is a positive result on the HPT. I suspect by now you could test -- do a little online research to see which brands are more sensitive -- and remember that even a very, very, very faint line is a line! Hopefully you will very soon get some great news!

8:43 PM, January 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home