Random Rantings

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Please leave a message after the beep

Okay - I'm starting to feel a bit like Charlie Brown...
Maybe it's because I just watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on TV (yes, for all it's Christmasy-ness this Jewish girl still loves her Peanuts)...
I'm just feeling a bit depressed....
I'm not feeling the love here....

For all of my posts, both here and at Talk2Action - I'm not getting any response...

Is it me?

I _thought_ I was a pretty good writer - at least I've seen much worse... and I thought that my topics were thought provoking and interesting....

But no one seems to be reading, even with my attempts to shamelessly plug my site...

And I really feel awful about the whole Talk2Action site - I just posted what I thought was a really good diary entry there, and have gotten no comments back... but folks who posted after me have several...

I feel like I'm back in high school asking why everyone hates me... can y'all see I'm ugly from that side of the screen or something?

Perhaps you are just reading, and not sticking around to say anything...

So - before I pitch a fit and delete the whole damn thing - please leave a message here.... even if it's just to say "I was here"...

It would make me feel so much better just to know that I have _some_ readership - even if it's only one or two people...

Thanks in advance for making my day.

-Emily

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm stupid. I wasn't sure how to post messages to your blog. Big duh!

Anyway, I think you have a great website. I really like the fictional diary series you have going and hope you will have a new entry soon.

Keep your chin up! You're new to this and you have at least one fan!

arkylib

10:59 AM, December 07, 2005

 
Blogger Emily Wynn Strauss said...

Thanks!! =o)

I really needed that. I was getting this complex that I was writing into this black hole...

-Emily

7:28 AM, December 08, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and will bookmark it. I don't spend as much time at T2A as I would like to, but it strikes me as one where the meta-conversation is just barely getting started. Keep writing! You know the blog-saying: Diaries scroll away, but diarists keep writing.

Of course, I'm an inveterate and unrepentant commenter-only, so don't think for a moment that I practice what I preach!

1:45 AM, December 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home